Saturday, April 26, 2014

C4K April 2014

C4K April #1
Meet Alizhay
Alizhay is a 6 year student at the Pt. England School in Auckland, New Zealand. She has been taking swimming lessons at school. It seems as if these lessons are part of the schools curriculum. This would certainly be an exciting physical education class. She explained that she was learning the free style stroke by using flutter boards and practicing rocket arms. She is also competing in relay races. This is an "exhausting" event for her. I shared the link to our family's swim team with her. I hope she gets to visit the site.

C4K April #2
Meet Samoa
Samoa

Samoa is a 4 year student at Pt. England School in Auckland, New Zealand. She recently completed a reflection post about Chromebook. She was very honest about what she enjoyed, disliked and could have done better. What was most encouraging to me was that she willingly admitted the positive and negatives to the use of this technology. I need to take this into account with my children and future students. This type of feedback will help make me a better teacher. Listening and learning are huge parts of teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment