Thursday, March 13, 2014

Project #14 Individual Lesson Plan

the cover of George Rodriguie's Why Is Blue Dog Blue?

Why Is Blue Dog Blue?
In this project George Rodrigue's book Why Is Blue Dog Blue? will be read and discussed. Students will share how colors can be used to depict emotions, create a color name to describe an emotion they feel during certain situations and paint their own Blue Dog painting which will include the sentence, "When I ______, I paint Blue Dog _____." Students will record or be recorded saying their sentence while holding their Blue Dog painting. This video will be uploaded to their blogs or the class blog. Students will need to include a brief explanation about why they choose the name of their color and how it relates to what Blue Dog is doing. An example of this is ,"When I mow the grass, I paint Blue Dog sweaty." While the color of the sweat can be any color the student chooses, they need to explain why they choose to name the color "sweat". So they may say, "I painted Blue Dog "sweaty" because I get hot when I mow the grass."
Visit my lesson plan site to view the project calendar, project overview and rubric.

No comments:

Post a Comment