Friday, January 17, 2014

Practice Post

Angela's Children
I am Angela Garrone, wife of 14 years to Pete and mother of three children ages 10, 9 and 7. I was born in Thomasville, Georgia but have lived in Mobile, Alabama since I was six years old. It is in the city of Mobile that I have the privilege of doing my favorite thing in the world...laundry. When I am not doing laundry or teaching my children how to, I enjoy cooking, baking and studying the Bible. I have been attending an international study of the Bible through Bible Study Fellowship for 6 years. The study has challenged me because there is little room for "burp back" answers.
Bible Study Fellowship International


This is my second semester at the University of South Alabama (USA) since my May 2003 graduation. USA is in my hometown so it was, and is, the most convenient choice for me. Originally, I wanted to teach so that my schedule would be the same as my children's. After adding two children to our family within 14 months of each other, my husband and I decided home was the most sane place for me. Now that my children are older it may be time for me to go back into the classroom. This second time around has given me new perspective. Now I see a great need for children of all ages to be encouraged. Education should give a child hope for their future not leave them depressed because of any deficit they may have in a particular subject. I want children to know they were created with a brain that is powerful and unique. Brains are made to think, analyze, imagine, grow and develop. This will be a life long process.

No comments:

Post a Comment